22 November 2011
Reply S.p.A. – listed on the STAR segment of the Italian Stock Exchange [MTA, STAR: REY] – strengthens its presence in Europe through the acquisition of 80% Portaltech shares, a UK company specialising in consulting and implementation of multichannel e-commerce strategies and solutions. Portaltech’s chosen technology platform is hybris, a global leader in e-commerce and multichannel software.
Portaltech, with headquarters in London, counts among its clients some of the more significant English and European companies active in online retail: Monsoon & Accessorize, L.K. Bennett, Bunzl Group, Long Tall Sally, Royal Mail Group, Premier Farnell and Thompson & Morgan.
Portaltech’s anticipated turnover for the fiscal year ending 31 May 2012 is approximately 4.5 million pounds with an EBT of 0.8 million pounds (18% of revenue).
The consideration, paid in cash by Reply, for the purchase of 80% of Portaltech’s shares is 1.6 million pounds, with further options for Reply to acquire the remaining 20%.
With this acquisition Reply strengthens its digital media position and multichannel e-commerce solutions in particular. Portaltech is an acknowledged market leader in online retail and e-business, having implemented over 65% of hybris based technology projects in the UK.
The acquisition of Portaltech confirms Reply’s interest in expanding in UK where it is already operating through a network of highly specialist companies in the fields of Mobile, Digital Media, Supply Chain Execution, Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance.
“With Portaltech - commented Mario Rizzante, Chairman of Reply - our Group has acquired high level specialist skills within a market that has one of the highest growth rates and where the main retail players are currently focusing the majority of their investment”.
“A centre of excellence specialised in multichannel e-commerce and online retail - stated Mario Rizzante - undoubtedly represents a strategic opportunity for the future development of our Group in Europe and Portaltech, with its consolidated partnership with hybris, represents an important asset on which to build our offer”.
“As part of Reply - stated Andrew Walker, CEO of Portaltech - we plan to take advantage of their global scale and financial strength in order to accelerate our growth and geographical footprint, positioning Portaltech as a global leader in e-commerce and multichannel technology consulting”.